Neuro-linguistic programming, also known as NLP, is an indispensable tool for a man who is training to become an alpha male. NLP is a huge subject, so look it up online if you’d like to know all of the nitty-gritty details about it. For the purposes of this article, I’d like to focus on teaching you how a technique called “anchoring” can help you become an alpha male.
Anchoring works like this:
- Remember a moment in which you felt confident, dominant, and alpha.
- Close your eyes, and relive every sensation associated with that experience. Make every taste, sight, sound, smell, and touch as vivid and realistic as possible. Let the feelings of confidence associated with the moment grow and take over.
- Now picture yourself in the situations into which you’d like to carry those confident, alpha feelings, like talking to a woman at a club or interviewing for a job.
- Continue to let the feelings of confidence and self-worth increase. Count from one to ten, and as each number passes allow the feeling of confidence to swell even more.
- When you feel that you are overflowing with confidence and security in your alpha status, when your emotions and self-assurance have reached their peak, you’re ready to think of an anchor. An anchor, in the world of NLP, is a physical gesture that causes you to experience a specific sensation. The anchor can be anything from pinching your left thumb, to pulling your right ear, to snapping your fingers. You know that song that makes you happy every time you hear it because it reminds you of the most awesome vacation you’ve ever had? That’s anchoring at work!
- Repeat this process several times, to become more comfortable with it and to increase the strength of your anchor.
Congratulations – your anchor is set! Now, whenever you feel like you need an extra boost of confidence in order to become an alpha male, you can trigger the feelings of confidence and dominance that you associated with the anchor simply by performing the motion linked to them. Pinch your thumb, pull your ear, or snap your fingers and voila: instant alpha mindset.