Losing your valuable data from your hard drive or any media storage device is very frustrating and getting a good data recovery software for retrieving your data even more challenging and frustrating. While it is good to take a backup of your valuable data, it is often not possible for most of us due to several reasons. In fact chances of losing data are higher when you do not have a back of your data. Anyway, coming straight to the point, let’s see what to do when you have lost your data.
Recovering lost data is your first priority is such situation therefore you must make sure that you do not minimize your chance of recovering your data by messing up with your hard drive or other storage device.
Things you must check if you want to buy a software for retrieving data easily.
• Does your software provide you a free trial offer? Good recovery software is usually available for free download. Once you download it; you should be able to see all the recoverable files and other data.
• Does the company offer a money back guarantee? If the company has no refund policy, you can simply assume that the software is designed to rip you off your hard earned money.
• Is the recovery software really suitable for your data loss situation? There are times when a generic recovery tool may not be able to recover certain data but is otherwise good enough for general use.
• Is the software available in both downloadable and CD/DVD form? If your PC is unbootable, downloadable software may not be very useful for you. There are various companies that provide you downloadable as well disk version of their tools. Go for a CD/DVD version instead.
• Is the interface user friendly? If it requires a lot of technical expertise, it may not be useful for you unless you are a techie. Usually techies do not lose their data so easily anyway.
• Compatibility with your PC or Mac Systems. The tool might be good, but is it compatible with your system? Go for a brand name that has specific data recovery tool for different operating system and different data loss situation.
• Price, of course is one of the biggest factors of choosing good data recovery software. Check Amazon, eBay or any other popular market place to compare the price of various data restoration software utilities and see if you are getting the best value for your money.