The DevOps phenomenon is noticeably dominating the IT horizon. In a rapidly evolving technological world, DevOps is emerging as a classical requisite for almost every Software team. The phrases ‘current IT trend’ or ‘hike in remuneration’ seem to be synonymous with the term DevOps Certification. So what really is the significance of this terminology? Is the importance blown out of proportion or is it accurately rated?
The Conception of DevOps
The term DevOps was coined by a Belgian named Patrick Debois. He is also referred to as the Father of DevOps. The conception of this phenomenon was a long drawn process. There were several brainstorming sessions via conferences and talks amongst stalwarts from the industry.
Eventually, a plethora of technological tools such as Agile, Lean, Operations Management, Theory of Constraints and IT service management in congregation gave birth to the philosophy of DevOps. In essence, DevOps upholds two cardinal trends: Agile Operations and Integration between operations and staff.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a concept having the facets of collaboration and communication as its focal points. This movement highlights the importance of the alliance between software developers and other IT professionals. It is believed that such joint movements add agility to the IT sector.
The Advantages of DevOps to an Organization
DevOps leads to a single team having cross-functional members such as developers, DBAs, QAs, operation engineers, business analysts and the likes, working in unison. This amalgamation of technological expertise offers profound advantages to the system holistically. In layman language, DevOps movement has facilitated organizations to churn more results with perfect ease, thanks to the speedy resolution of issues.
Let us outline the benefits of the DevOps practice:
• Technically, problems are far less complicated and can be sorted at a faster pace.
• With faster resolutions to errors, software delivery stands uninterrupted.
• The technical environment gains stability.
• Time is saved as there is lesser to repair and maintain.
• This supplementary time can be utilized towards adding value to the business.
• Condensation of the Development Cycle – Collaborations shorten the span between the engineering code stages and the production execution code level.
• A rapid acceleration in the release velocity – With DevOps, one can anticipate a daily/hourly release in comparison to a 3-6 months timeframe of the development cycle.
• Improvised detection of defects in the code.
• Reduction in deployment failures leading to lesser rollbacks.
• Recovery time is far lesser with the incorporation of DevOps as against the conventional format of IT sector.
Importance of DevOps Certification
A DevOps certification can instantly place you in the league of the highest paid IT professionals in the world. Although a fairly novel concept, yet DevOps philosophy is soon gaining momentum in the IT domain. Companies in pursuit of excellence are making a gradual transition towards the implementation of DevOps practices.
This innovative ideology marks the evolution of a new technological era. This has certainly accelerated the importance of acquiring a DevOps certification. Data highlights that the salaries of DevOps Managers and Engineers are far higher than their conventional counterparts.
So, if you are an IT professional with an ambitious instinct to climb up the ladder, it may be cardinal to get your resume stamped with a DevOps Certification. After all, keeping up with the trend will hitch your career and keep your financial status in good stead too!